Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Procrastinator

This is one of my biggest problems when it comes to class assignments, projects, and just everyday life. I am the BIGGEST procrastinator. Once the professor gives out an assignment I always tell myself that I'm gonna go ahead and get it out the way so I don't have to do it at the last minute... well, that never happens. I always end up pushing it back and back to two days before its due or the night before. With everyday life, I'll tell myself I'm gonna go to the gym or finish an errand on a certain day and all I do is keep pushing it back until I just don't do it at all. I don't know why I procrastinate the way I do and I figured once I got to college I would change, but I didn't. Even though I am a procrastinator, it seems like that is when I do my best work. With every assignment or project I've procrastinated on I always receive an "A" as a grade. I like the feeling of being under pressure because it makes me work harder. I feel like if I work on an assignment/project right when it's assigned then I will half-ass it. Just so I can say I finished it and it's out the way. But if I do it two days before or the night before it's due that's when all of my effort goes into it. I also will feel happy with my work too. My mom has always gotten onto me about my procrastination but once I brought home that "A" she's nothing but happy. I also know that I cannot procrastinate forever and I cannot procrastinate all my years through college, so I plan on changing my bad habit very soon. But I know everyone procrastinates so I am not the only one.

5 comments:

  1. I would to absolutely agree with everything that you have said, I am a BIG procrastinator as well. I can relate to everything you said, I feel the exact same as far doing my best work when I am under pressure. I always seem to study better for tests and remember everything. I sometimes reason that, if I wait I will complete much better, however this is not true. Last semester I procrastinated and ended up not completing a research paper. So, just as you said, I will also have to break this habit and complete assignments with plenty of time to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By no means are you the only one who procrasinates. I do with almost every assignment. I do not know why but I do. I wish I good get rid of this bad habit and I am, but I need to start now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, I think procrastination is most people problem. I try to set out a certain time and put it an alarm on my phone to work on assignments. I get better grades when procrastinating on some assignments, not all. If you try working on your time management it will become a habit. I got over it so i'm pretty sure you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also second the fact that most people are procrastinator because people are naturally lazy. I myself am a huge procrastinator when it comes to doing work. I do all of my work on time it's just mostly at the last minute of the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As it turns out, my procrastination ended up becoming my study habit. I would always do all of my research and complete my bibliography on the day it was assigned. Then, I would write the paper the night before. I know, not the best thing...>_>

    ReplyDelete