Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I feel like I'm not getting anywhere..

I feeling like I'm not getting anywhere when it comes to bettering my writing skills. Yes, I know writing blogs is a good helper but I also need a good instructor to push me into progress. I'd rather write an essay paper then keep up with an online blog, website, and this other online stuff. I feel as though that an English class should be writing papers and paragraphs for the teacher to grade and show us what we did wrong in. You know the edit and revise kinda stuff? I'm not saying the stuff I am doing in my current English class is bull, but it's not helping me either. Wikipedia? That is not helping write a formal paper. I have all of these insecurities with my writing already and I feel like I can't conquer them with just writing a blog. Keeping my audience entertained and writing with a purpose are my downfalls with writing as I stated in my previous blogs. I thought I would be able to become more comfortable with it as the semester goes by but as of right now I haven't learned anything. I feel like I'm trying to teach myself and then being graded for absolutely nothing. I get nothing but a headache. I guess you can't expect the unexpected huh?


4 comments:

  1. Hey, I completely understand what you are saying! This is actually my second time taking EH 101, and last semester the type of class you described in your blog post, was the exact class I had. In that class we had several papers to write, and after the papers submitted, the instructor would critique our assignments then explain to us, our errors. That way of teaching in my opinion, is very effective; however Ms. Sasser may have something greater in mind. I said all of this to hopefully encourage you, I sure you have improved in some area of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, this class is one of the most beneficial writing classes that I've ever taken. Granted, it's pretty obvious that this class isn't for everyone. It just seems as though you'd function better in a tradition writing class. That's not a bad thing, however!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia I agree with you and the then I don't, in college you have to get used to learning a certain way. I transferred and lost my english credit so this is my second time in this course, and my instructor was great it was a class of writing papers and doing certain things on the computer. About the Wikipedia thing I agree English 101 has nothing to do with Wikipedia, the excuse that the revisions and everything ties into it but it still is not helpful. Even though this is a Hybrid class we still can do more helpful things on the computer like writing essays. We are interacting and blogging our challenges with our peers but, it really doesn't help, so I do understand you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, this class is one of the most exceptional writing online classes that I've taken. This class isn't for everyone either because not everyone is responsible enough for this class. Usually everyone functions better in an traditional class setting because their use to it from high school days.

    ReplyDelete